A collection of lively traditional dance music from the Lake District played by the Old Friends Band.
Mike Kermode: flute/fiddle, John Hazlehurst: anglo concertina/diatonic harmonica, Peter Corkhill: fiddle, Gordon Jones: guitar, Deborah Kermode: piano
Dance tunes from the Cumbrian Fells. Recorded simply in Cartmel Village Hall.
All the music has been collected, researched or written by band members. The Old Friends Band has ceased playing gigs since John Hazlehurst sadly passed away in 2016. The surviving members still play together on a regular basis at sessions etc.
15 tracks; just under 60 minutes of music.
- Bonny Westmorland set~Reels
- La’al Schottische
- Sweet Lips set~Jigs
- The Elterwater set~Medley
- Kings Polka set~ Polkas
- Miss Spicer’s set~Jigs
- The Reb set~Reels
- The Furness Waltz
- Jenny Sultan’s set~48 bar Reels
- Mr & Mrs Martin’s set~Marching Jigs
- The Weathercock set~Hornpipes
- The Old Beagle Inn~Waltz
- The Seven Stars Schottische
- Crossing The Sands set~Jigs
- Miss Greenop’s Reel set~ Reels