Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
It is clear that the situation surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak remains one of rapid change and no guidance is as yet offering an understanding of how long things will take before we can be secure in hosting social events. As the festival weekend is a little way off as yet (July 10-12) we will be monitoring the situation and will make announcements here and across our social media threads as to whether we can bring a festival weekend to reality this year.
We are looking at ways to continue to bring a strong programme of folk and traditional song, music, dance and storytelling to the area and if things are a bit quieter this year then the festival will be a belter in 2021!
Furness Tradition Festival 2020
10 – 12 July
Amounderness Ladies Morris
Furness Clog Dancers
Leeding Edge Rapper
Richmond Castle Clog
Early Bird Tickets are available now
Basic camping is available at St Mary’s RC School, Springfield Road, Ulverston. This is only 5 minutes walk from the town centre.
- Facilities will be limited to fresh water, and portaloos.
- There are no showers.
- There will be waste disposal for water and bin bags but not toilet waste..
- Access will be from 5 pm Friday 10 July until 4.30 pm Sunday 12 July.
- There is a limited number of spaces ( campervans, caravans or tents).
- No dogs allowed.
- No vehicles will be allowed on the camping field, there will be access to unload and then cars will have to be parked at the front of the school.
- The cost is £25 per unit (van or tent) for 2 people for the weekend.
- Tickets can be bought when purchasing your Festival tickets.
An alternative is Priory View which is about 2 miles from the town centre.
Priory View is a small campsite with basic but clean facilities. It has a 2 acre, level hardstanding site for 5 caravans or motorhomes and 10 tents or trailer tents. 9 hookups are available. It is approx 30 – 40 minutes walk to the town centre.
The address is:
Cumbria LA12 9EQ Tel: 01229 480068